"Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself."

Monday, June 11, 2007

Into the last week

Finally, i am into the last week of my preparation. The d-day is six days away. A little apprehensive, a little excited and a little anxious. Too many questions sprinkled with occasional if's and but's are popping up every now and then. Nevertheless, i am reasonably confident of doing well. I learnt one thing for sure in this whole process. The fear of failure is the hardest thing to overcome with.

I visited my test center yesterday. Its a fourty minute drive from my place. The only problem is the parking. The place is little congested, its better to go early and find some place to park. I asked the receptionist about the id requirements that i need to carry, just to ensure in case..Its just the passport and the printed copy of the letter/receipt. I still have to get that printed. I already decided on the five schools. The only thing pending is to make a note of school name, code and the program.
I still didn't pratice AWA. Not even once. But the good thing is that i am ready with the template for issue and arguement. I want to practice two or three essays before the exam.

I didn't practice any RC's except for the one's i encountered in mock tests. So i want to do atleast four RC's per day for the coming five days, just to make myself comfortable with them. I love to start my verbal with SC. What if my verbal starts with RC? OMG..this really is not a confidence booster, but i have to prepare for the worst.

I am planning to take one full length test on saturday simulating the test environment. I think i am prepared okay for the exam. Lets see how it goes..

11 comments:

kpmg said...

good luck

I know how you feel, and I'll be doing it again..

I truly suggest that you spend dday-1 doing something fun or nothing at all and just sleeping. Just relax the day before dday.

Gabriel's Scarcity Rent said...

Dont'be anxious, you'll do well for sure :D

RunningTurtle said...

@Wannabe
Thanks for the wishes.
@gabriel
Thanks.

the being said...

hey! all the best!!!
just keep cool and im sure all your hardwork will pay off :-)

the being said...

hey! all the best!!!
just keep cool and im sure all your hardwork will pay off :-)

t-test said...

I don't think you need the codes - it is all done in the system so you just search for the school and course (assuming it is the same where you are).

Best of luck

RunningTurtle said...

@Sudha
Thanks.
@T-test
Oh. i am not aware of that. Thanks for the info.

Deepthroat said...

All the best dude

Deepthroat said...

Dude.. Gud luck...u will do great...

RunningTurtle said...

@Preet
Thanks for your wishes man.

Deepthroat said...

How did it go...?