"Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself."

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm back

I have been MIA for the last couple of weeks. To be precise, i was away from all the things related to MBA after my gmat for three weeks. That is a big break. Its real nice to see some new faces in the hella's list. Welcome to the fellow 2008 applicant bloggers.

Few updates..

The cat is out of the bag.
I kept my MBA plans to myself till this point. Like many applicants, I don't want my boss to know about all this hoopla well-in-advance. I am coying with the idea of revealing my plans about mba in the last week of august or in the first week of september to my boss. He is one of my recommenders. But he found this in a funny way. He saw me take prints of BusinessWeekGuideToTheBestBusinessSchools.pdf. I was a little worried because i want to inform this in a formal way. Anyhow, I divulged my plans to other teammates and now everyone knows it.I informed my other potential recommender that i am considering mba. I can't contain my curiosity on how they will react, when i ask them for reco's.

Gmat
Well. I have to start preparation for the retake. Thinking that 20-30 days is good enough. But to find the slots in the month of august/sep is a tad difficult.

Toefl
I will take this after gmat. But for now, it should be kept on the back burner.

5 comments:

Deepthroat said...

All the best buddy...Keep blogging mroe often

tinydancer said...

RunningTurtle - What was the file you were printing? I have been looking for the Business Week Guide to the Best Business Schools and it doesn't look like it's been published since 2001 ... just curious!

Dew said...

@ Jennifer :
You can get this file at
http://www.esnips.com/web/GMATOthers

globetrotter said...

I seem to be late to the party but catching up on some of your posts.
Only four people at work know about my MBA plans. My recommenders and 2 people who got their MBA's from two of my target B-schools.

RunningTurtle said...

@Jennifer, Penguin
You are correct.That one is seventh edition and you can find that at the location specified by penguin. May be it was printed in 2000 or 2001. Not sure.