"Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself."

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ross event

I attended Ross event recently and i find it pretty useful and informative. Unlike other events where we find huge crowds, this event is attended only by few souls who look very interested in Ross. The event started with alumni introduction followed by a presentation on Ross. As expected, they highlighted their MAP program and really thinks that it is their USP. They also explained about the I-MAP and the other internship opportunities available at Ross. I came to know about the william davidson institute where students get a chance to work with profs on certain projects.
I asked one lame question on GMAT. Hold on.. Its not that i gave them my GMAT score and asked for my chances. I asked them how schools will look at multiple scores, does it have any negative impact on your application. I know the answer even before asking this question. But just wanted to get the answer straight from the horse's mouth.

Key points:
1. Ross alumni are quite excited about their school. I mean they really like their school and are passionate about it. It shows when they talk about it.
2. They liked the life in Ann Arbor. Simple college town, close knit community and the Football.
3. Whenever you go to any fair/event, you will find some guyz who ask really really meaningless stupid questions. Its really irritating and even in couple of occassions the alumni simply ignored to answer him.
4. They patiently answered all the questions on the Post MBA career and i appreciate that.

Finally i got drunk(for the first time) and spoke with alumni for some time. Didnt really remember what i asked them.
Attending this event only bolstered my interest in Ross. Now i feel more eager to work on Ross essays. Expect third essay i finished the first draft of remaining three essays. Essay3 is a real stumper. Gotta think carefully and write this.

1 comment:

Oops said...

Yup, I completely agree with you, its better to be late (and well prepared) than to be out of the game! Dont know ur GMAT score, but as long as its above 680-700 it doesnt matter. Plus I've heard its difficult to improve by more than 20-30 points, unless there were extraneous circumstances the previous time. I guess you'll know better.
But since you've already studied once, my suggestion would be to not extend the study period this time around, do it for a max of 2-3 weeks, but that should be intensive - doing 1-2 hrs a day for 2 months never helps the second time... just my 2 cents